Adam J. Kurtz (aka @adamjk) is an artist and author whose illustrative work is rooted in honesty, humor and a little darkness. His books have been translated into over a dozen languages and his “very personal” work for clients like Strand Bookstore and Urban Outfitters has been featured by NYLON, VICE, Adweek and others. Learn more at adamjk.com.
ADAMJK is an independent brand featuring a small, rotating range of products by artist and author Adam J. Kurtz. Since 2009, it's been an umbrella for stationery, gifts, and accessories including favorites like "SORRY I AM SUCH AN ASSHOLE" balloons and "Bottled Up Feelings" products.
Some favorite interviews and features:
- 30 Under 30: Adam J. Kurtz (Brooklyn Magazine)
- Adam J. Kurtz Has Used The Internet To Make... (Bustle)
- UO Studio Visits: Adam J. Kurtz (Urban Outfitters Blog)
- How Pin Culture Is Supporting The Indie Art Industry (Refinery29)
- Essential Life Advice For The Queer Creative (NYLON)
- Design Matters Podcast w/ Debbie Millman (Design Observer)
- Can This One Short Book... (Adweek)
- This Self Help Journal Lets You Draw Your Own Pep Talk (VICE)